The iPhone 13 Pro Max takes hold of the position of the most premium option in the iPhone 13 series and is also a successor to the iPhone 12 Pro Max which was released last year. As a successor, it offers an improved processor, bigger storage, improved cameras, and a bigger battery. This is basically the same story with its siblings and their predecessors.
Where to Buy iPhone 13 Pro Max
iPhone 13 Pro Max Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inch Super Retina XDR OLED Display, 1284 x 2778 Pixels, ~458 PPI, 120 Hz Refresh Rate
- Apple A15 Bionic (5nm)
- iOS 15
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB / 512GB / 1TB Built-in Storage
- 12MP + 12MP + 12MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 12MP Front Camera
- IP68 Splash, Water & Dust Resistance
- MagSafe wireless charging 15W
- Qi magnetic fast wireless charging (7.5W Capacity)
- Fast Wired Charging (20W)
Design and Display
As seen on its siblings, the iPhone 13 Pro Max design isn’t really noticeably different from that of the iPhone 12 Pro Max. The difference in design can only be spotted by users who really want to find the difference hence they take a closer look.
So we have the same last sides, the same camera module design on the rear with a bump bearing three cameras an LED flash, a mic, and an LED flash. The color options available for the rear panel include Graphite, Gold, Silver, Sierra Blue. They may look different on paper, but there is no denying the fact that they share a resemblance with last year’s colors.
Moving upfront we find a display that bears the same size as last year’s model. However, Apple made a move to reduce the notch horizontally by 20%, in turn making the notch a bit smaller.
Still, on the display, Apple is also offering a 120Hz refresh rate this year, which promises a smoother experience. However, the refresh rate is variable and only takes effect when the need arises. This system was put in place to help with battery conservation.
The iPhone 13 Pro Max display is based on an AMOLED panel, coupled with Super XDR technology. It has a resolution of 1284 x 2778 Pixels and a density of approximately 458 PPI.
The iPhone 13 Pro max cameras are basically what you would expect from an iPhone of its caliber. It’s a power horse just like the iPhone 13 Pro.
Apple made efforts this year towards making the software more capable. The highlights of these improvements are summed up in two phrases “Cinematic mode” and “Photography profiles” both of which are dominant on the rear setup.
The Cinematic mode brings about a shift in focus when another subject is tapped when recording video. The former subject gets blurred out, which is a bokeh effect.
On the other hand, Photography profiles let you set a particular shade to all photos taken straight out of the camera. You basically do not have to re-edit the photos after they have been taken with this feature in place.
The rear cameras on the iPhone 13 Pro max include a 12MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.5, a 12MP telephoto camera with an aperture of f/2.8, and 3x optical zoom. Finally, we have a 12MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/1.8 and a 120˚ field of view. Video recording on this setup is capped at 4k @ 60fps.
On the selfie side, we have yet another 12MP camera. However, with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera is also capable of shooting videos up to 4k @ 60fps.
Hardware and Software
It’s the iPhone 13 Pro Max so we should be expecting the best in the bunch. However, its offerings are far-fetched from what we have on the iPhone 13 Pro.
However, we have a bigger battery here and in reference to the iPhone 12 Pro, we have about an 18.5 percent increase in battery performance.
The Chief of the iPhone 13 Pro Max performance setup, is its A15 Bionic chip. What’s more, we have a 6GB RAM, storage options that include 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and a massive 1TB.
What’s more, we have a 20W wired fast charge, 15W MagSafe charging and a 7.5W wireless charging mechanism.
The iPhone 13 Pro Max features a Lightning port (USB 2.0), low-energy Bluetooth 5.0, and a near field connection (NFC).
Internet connectivity here is capped at 5G, which means users can utilize 5G connectivity on this device for downloads, uploads, and downloads.
iPhone 13 Pro Price and Availability
iPhone 13 Pro Max price starts at around $1,099 for the 128GB variant at leading online stores. The iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB model costs around 735,000 Naira in Nigeria while the 256GB model costs around 804,000 Naira and 35,000 EGP in Nigeria and Egypt.
While the 256GB is around $ 1,199, the 512GB variant around $1,399 and the maxed out 1TB variant for about $1,599
The iPhone 13 Pro Max was announced on the 14th of September 2021 and sales are expected to begin on the 24th of September 2021.
iPhone 13 Pro Max Specs
Here are a few specs of the iPhone 13 Pro Max:
- Platform: iOS 15
- Processor: Apple A15 Bionic (5 nm) (Hexa-core 2×3.22 GHz Avalanche + 4xX.X GHz Blizzard)
- GPU: Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Graphite, Gold, Silver, Sierra Blue
- Dimension: 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 240 g
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM
- SIM Count: Nano-SIM
- Display: 6.7-OLED Super Retina XDR, 1284 x 2778 Pixels, ~87.4% screen-to-body ratio, ~458 PPI
- Screen Protection: Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12MP (Primary) f/1.5, PDAF, Sensor-Shift OIS + 12MP (Ultrawide) f/2.8, 120˚ FOV + 12MP (Telephoto) f/2.8, PDAF, OIS, 3x Optical Zoom
- Rear Camera Features: 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, 10‑bit HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 60fps), ProRes, Cinematic mode, stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera: 12MP Camera, f/2.2, SL 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor), HDR, SL 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor), HDR, 4K@24/25/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB / 512GB / 1TB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 66, 46, 48, 66, 71, A2482, A2631, A2633, A2634, A2635,
- 5G: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 25, 28, 29, 30, 38, 40, 41, 48, 66, 71, 77, 78, 79 Sub6/mmWave – A2633, SA/NSA/Sub6 – A2631, SA/NSA/Sub6 – A2634, A2635
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Lightning, USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes (Face ID)
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Siri)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes (7.5W)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68)
- Dust Resistant: Yes (IP68)
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: –
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes (20W)